Well its been 9 days...9 whole days that Josh has been in Brasil. I'll be honest, I was terrified of being alone with the boys for that long. But I tried to stay positive, stay in prayer with God, who I knew was the only one who could help me through, and fill our days with places to go or activities so the time wouldn't pass so slowly.
Josh left last Wednesday and we spent that night and Thursday at home. Thankfully we had enrolled Ethan in swim lessons that started on Tuesday, so we had somewhere to go every morning Josh was out of town. That helped alot.
Friday was our usual grocery shopping and then we headed off to the Harrison's to spend the night. I was thankful to have somewhere to go and something different to entertain the boys, but I was not looking forward to the night. Past experiences have shown us that us and the boys do not sleep well in the same bed, not even very well in the same room. I gave it a try...started with both on the floor and me in the bed. Isaiah kept tossing and turning so I pulled him in bed with me. Then Ethan started moving around. He got in bed too but it was too crowded on the full size bed, so I moved Isaiah down to the floor again. Almost immediately Isaiah was up and crying. So I moved Ethan back down to the floor and Isaiah back in the bed with me. I think we all finally fell asleep somewhere around 3am, but shortly after Isaiah fell off the bed. Now Ayden's bed is very HIGH off the ground (she uses a step stool, with 2 steps, to get into her bed), so it was a far way down. After I finally got him calm I moved him to the floor, and at this point I think they were both so exosted they didn't get up again....not until our usual wake up time: 6am. So off downstairs we went to turn on some TV so we wouldn't wake the Harrison clan. We went to the pool that morning which was fun and then grabbed a bite to eat and we were on our way back home.
We didn't venture out any more after that night! I was glad to be back to our routine the next couple of days.
We did great for 7 days, I was very surprised! I know that sounds bad but I really did not expect things to go as well as they did. It was a huge relief to Josh too, who didn't have to worry about us and could focus on his time with our brothers and sisters in Forteleza.
Wednesday, on the other hand, was our worst day. I think the boys just really missed their dad and I really missed my husband. He is such a huge help with the boys on a daily basis and I realized that I take that for granted alot of the time.
Thursday was better for all of us, I think we all were looking forward to seeing daddy in the morning that it made the day go a little eaiser. All up until I got the call at 7:30pm from Josh telling me his plane got delayed 12 hours!! I was so disappointed. Mostly because we were all, Josh included, looking forward to having 3 whole days together before he had to return to work. He wasn't scheduled to arrive until 8:30 Friday night. So Friday we finished up Ethan's swim lessons and then after nap we went to the Harrison's to spend the evening until we had to pick up Josh from the airport.
We got 2 more calls from him updating us on more delays, but finally by 9:30 we picked him up and went home. 10 days is a long time to be away from your spouse and children. We won't be spending that much time away from each other again for a LONG time!
Halloween
9 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment