Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fun In The Sprinkler

The first day of June and it's no surprise that it is HOT! The boys have been wanting to play outside but its just too sweltering for us to go out. But today I broke!

It had been a long day and the boys needed something different to do. We don't have a pool close by (well we do, but you have to pay $2 per person to swim and I didn't want to spend the $$) so I decided to bear the heat and let them play in the sprinkler. Josh just finished mowing the lawn yesterday so the yard was perfect to play in.

When I first turned on the water, it came out warm because the hose was hot, but quickly it became cool. We started small so they could get used to it and I didn't get wet...

Ok, maybe it was a little too small...
but it was the perfect height for Isaiah!
Then we moved on to bigger and better...
and Isaiah almost drowned!
He didn't care though! He was having so much fun!
After about 10 minutes Ethan said, "Mom, can you make it hotter?" I laughed and tried to explain to him that I have no control of the temperature of the the water that comes out of the hose, but he didn't understand. He grew bored quickly and I hadn't killed enough time yet to go inside, so I brought out the cups and pitchers. They really liked that, although Isaiah couldn't figure out how to get the water to stay in the cup. It took Ethan 30 min to fill this pitcher up...he was very proud.
I do have to add that I am still so upset that some of the pictures from today got deleted or something after I loaded them onto the computer, and I had so many cute ones! :( But I am trying to be thankful for the ones I still do have. It was fun and we will definately do this again. Fun, easy, free...I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment