Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Camping Excursion

This week Josh took a couple of days of vacation so we could have some fun family time. He had really been wanting to take Ethan camping and asked if I wanted to go...so we decided to make it a family event!

Ethan was very excited! Despite the forecast, we were going anyway (when you tell a 4 yr old something exciting, there is no going back on the promise!). So we made the quick trip up to Ink's Lake and set up camp.

Setting up the tent, Ethan was a big helper.

This is Isaiah's "cheese"...he is so cute!
Once we got the tent up, Isaiah wanted to play inside. He like it so much he didn't come out for a while!

Josh and I were talking and I look over and Ethan has taken it upon himself to go to the bathroom...I guess he didn't want to wait to go to the bathrooms!
Very protective big brother

Fish!
Ethan wanted to get in the water so I suited them up...

Little did they know how cold it was!
After Isaiah fell over he wanted out!
He watched Josh and Ethan in the water...

...and he wanted back in.

But it was still too cold for him!
For dinner we roasted hot dogs and then after some fishing we had s'mores!
The next morning we were up VERY early (with a terrible night's sleep) and decided we didn't want to stay for the rain so we packed up and went on home. Good thing too because it turned out to be a HUGE storm with lots of flooding! It was a very short trip but a fun first experience for the boys! We will probably go again when its a little cooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment